Using Run SQL Scripts we can execute SQL query and display the result column results. However, sometimes some result columns data displayed as unreadable characters such as Hexadecimal characters. This happens to many of us while using Run SQL Script utility through Access Client Solution (ACS).
In this article, we will discuss how to resolve above situation and display the result column in character format instead of unreadble hexadecimal character format.
Diplayed Unreadable charatcers using Run SQL Scripts
The data in the below result column in unreadabble and looks like hexadecimal value it contains.
- Open the Run SQL Scripts using ACS session. I presume that you already have a machine setup.
- Enter the User Id and Password to login to system.
- Within the Run SQL Script, Select Edit and then JDBC configurations.
- If You have more than one then select the JDBC Configurations to Change. You may have one Default (defualt) and select Edit on the right side of the JDBC Configuration MAnager Dialog screen
- Under the Translation Tab, Select Translate CCSID 65535 and then Save.
- Restart the Run SQL Scripts and again run the same SQL query, Yoou will see the correcte character results columns displayed.