|Download savefile from IBM i(AS400) to PC|
Listed below the following steps to download the IBM i(AS400) savefile through FTP (File Transfer Protocol). Let's suppose we want to download savefile named TESTSAV2 in library EASYCLASS1 on IBM i (AS400) machine to the PC Desktop.
- Open the DOS prompt by typing RUN command on start menu search bar and press Enter and then type cmd in OPEN field on the Run dialog and press Enter or click on OK button of the Run Dialog and start FTP file transfer by typing FTP and pressing Enter. After that in the FTP prompt,type OPEN pub400.com(IP address) and press Enter.
- Open the DOS prompt and start FTP file transfer by typing FTP pub400.com(IP address) and press Enter. You can opt either 3rd or 4th step (anyone).
- In the IBM i(AS400) login prompt, type your IBM i (AS400) Userid and password to log in to the IBM i(AS400) FTP Server.
- Once logged in, type binary or bin to enter into the binary mode and press Enter.
- For downloading IBM i (AS400) library, type
recv /qsys.lib/easyclass1.lib/testsav2.savf desktop\\testsav2.savf
get /qsys.lib/easyclass1.lib/testsav2.savf desktop\\testsav2.savf
Live Demo of downloading IBM i (AS400) savefile to PC using FTP
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.1645] (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\\Users\\Asus>ftp ftp>n pub400.com Connected to pub400.com. 220-QTCP at PUB400.COM. 220 Connection will close if idle more than 1666 minutes. 501 OPTS unsuccessful; specified subcommand not recognized. User (pub400.com:(none)): easyclass 331 Enter password. Password: 230 EASYCLASS logged on. ftp> binary 200 Representation type is binary IMAGE. ftp> get /qsys.lib/easyclass1.lib/testsav2.savf desktop\\testsav2.savfb 200 PORT subcommand request successful. 150 Retrieving member TESTSAV2 in file TESTSAV2 in library EASYCLASS1. 226 File transfer completed successfully. ftp: 164736 bytes received in 1.21Seconds 136.03Kbytes/sec. ftp>
The savefile downloaded to desktop PC from IBM i.