|Use and Limitations of CL programs and procedures|
Use of CL programs and procedures
This can be used for many purposes listed as follows:
- CL programs and procedures can be used to control the flow of CL commands processing and calling of other programs/procedures.
- It is used to display a menu and run commands based upon the selected option from that menu.
- It is used to read a database file.
- It is used to handle error conditions issued from commands, programs, procedures by using MONMSG (Monitoring message).
- We can write CL programs and procedures to automate any process and avoid running multiple commands individually
Limitations of CL programs and procedures
We cannot use CL programs and procedures for the following purposes:
- It cannot be used to update or add records in database files.
- It cannot use printer files.
- It cannot use subfiles DSPF.
- It cannot use the program described display files.