Q1: What are the valid user-defined data area types?
Q2: What multi-format logical file?
- The file depends upon multiple formats.
Q3: What are Select and Omit criteria in the Logical file?
- Specify record selection.
Q4: Can fields be concatenated at a Logical files level?
- Yes, using CONCAT(fld1 fld2 fld3 ...)
Q5: When do we use the 'ALL' keyword?
- SELECT and OMIT criteria.
Q6: What is the difference between CAT, TCAT and BCAT?
- CAT - concatenate two strings as it is.
- TCAT - concatenate two strings with a space in between.
- BCAT - concatenate two strings by trimming the first string.
Q7: In which specification the Report layout can be defined?
- O specs.
Q8: What does the DFU program allow you to do on a record?
Q9: When are the Unique constraints executed?
- During INSERT.
Q10: When are the referential constraints executed?
- During INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE.
Q11: Why do we use DECLARE CURSOR statement?
- Specify the name of the cursor.
- Define cursor.
- Specify rows to be fetched.
Q12: Which CL command can be used at program execution to redirect a file named in an RPG program?
Q13: How to write *PSSR.
- *PSSR BEGSR
Q14: What are PR and PI?
- PR - Procedure prototype is the definition/structure for calling the procedure.
- PI - Procedure Interface defines the parameters (Input/Output)
Q15: Explain the keywords EDTCDE and EDTWRD?
- EDTCDE is a formatting keyword and can be used with numeric fields
- EDTWRD is a formatting keyword and depends upon the user how a field should get formatted.
Q16: Which keyword is used when the screen is re-display?
Q17: What is Overlay?
- Display the record format by retaining the previous one.
Q18: Difference between View and Index?
- The view is LF with no key and it's just a view on a table.
- An index is LF with a key and holds the indexing data.
Q19: What are the mandatory keywords of Subfile?
Q20: What is %LOOKUP opcode?
- Used to lookup(search a particular element) in an array.
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 1
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 2
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 3
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 4
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 5
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 6
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 7
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 8
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 9
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 11
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 12
As400 Interview Questions - Part 13
AS400 Interview Questions (DB2) - Part 1
AS400 Interview Questions (DB2) - Part 2