|AS400 Interview Questions - Part 7|
Q1: What are the advantages of ILE over RPG?
- In RPG, one step compilation process however it's a 2 step compilation process in ILE.
- We can reuse the modules in ILE.
- Activation group support in ILE.
- Recursive call supported in ILE.
- We have extended factor 2 in ILE
- Free-format support.
- ILE follows the EXTENDED PROGRAM MODEL.
- More built-in function support in ILE etc.
Q2: Difference between JOBQ and PRINT?
- JOBQ holds the jobs to be processed.
- PRINTQ holds the spool files to be printed.
Q3: Can a file be journaled without using it under commitment control?
Q4: Can a file be used under commitment control without being Journaled?
Q5: How would you print only the last 10 pages of a report?
- CHGSPLA, parameter RANGE
Q6: What is the purpose of the DSPLIBL command?
- Displays the session library list.
Q7: What are the different queues available in OS/400?
- Job queue
- Message queue
- Output queue
- Data queue
Q8: Explain RUNSQLSTM command?
- It is used to execute SQL statements.
Q9: How would you see the Batch Jobs?
Q10: What are the attributes of the Job?
- JOBNAME, USER, and NUMBER
Q11: What are the types of files in AS400?
- Database files (PF, LF, Reference file).
- Device files (DSPF, PRTF).
- DDM files.
- Save files.
Q12: What are the 4 level entries of PF?
- File-level (UNIQUE, REF, FIFO, etc.)
- Record level (Record format)
- Field level (Field Name, Type, and Length)
- Key level (Key field)
Q13: What is the purpose of the *MAP and NOCHK in the CPYF command?
- *MAP - MAP all the fields in FROM-FILE to the TO-FILE fields and perform copy and leaves additional fields in TO-FILE with default.
- *NOCHK - Copy data between 2 different record formats.
Q14: How do you list all LF of a PF?
Q15: What are the 6 level entries of LF?
- Record level
- Join level
- Field level
- Key level
- Select/Omit level
Q16: Does a logical file contain data?
- It's an access path.
Q17: What are the major differences between PF and LF?
- PF contains actual data and LF is an access path.
- PF has a single record format but LF may have a multi-record format.
- PF can exist without LF, but LF cannot exist without PF.
- PF cannot be deleted until its LF is deleted.
- Create command for PF is CRTPF and Create command for LF is CRTLF etc.
Q18: What keyword is used to reference the same field in another file?
- REF and REFFLD
Q19: What is a Field Reference file?
- It's a PF with no data.
- It contains the structure of fields.
- These structures can be referred to by other system files.
Q20: Are PGM and ENDPGM keywords mandatory in CL program?
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 1
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 2
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 3
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 4
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 5
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 6
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 8
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 9
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 10
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 11
AS400 Interview Questions - Part 12
As400 Interview Questions - Part 13
AS400 Interview Questions (DB2) - Part 1
AS400 Interview Questions (DB2) - Part 2
Post a Comment