Introduction to Job
AS400 Job is a specific work/function which has given a named Job. This AS400 Job is submitted from various places and run in a subsystem.
Types of Jobs
Jobs that are running on the IBM i server are as follows.
Interactive Jobs are those jobs that are enabled with screen Input/Output. They are active in sessions. So if a session ends, the Interactive job ends.
Batch Jobs are those jobs that are not enabled with screen Input/Output. They are active even if we signed off from sessions. So if a session ends, the Batch job still runs.
Batch immediate (BCI) Jobs
BCI jobs are enabled to run a threaded process.
Job specific Information
There are several Job-related attributes that are discussed as follows.
Job name consists of the following three components.
- Job Number: It is of 6 characters ranges from 000000-999999.
- User: It is the user profile name under which the job is run. It is of 10 characters.
- Job Name: Name assigned to the Job after it gets submitted. It is of 10 characters.
Therefore the Job name would be like this:299619/EASYCLASS/QPAD082403
Job: QPAD082403 User: EASYCLASS Number: 299619
Job Description (JOBD)
You can read about JOBD from the following article.
Job Queue (JOBQ)
You can read about JOBQ from the following article.
Output Queue (OUTQ)
You can read about OUTQ from the following article.
- Work with Job (WRKJOB) in AS400
- Work with Spooled Files (WRKSPLF) in AS400
- Submit Job (SBMJOB) in AS400
- How does a batch job start in AS400
- Job Log in AS400
- Work with Active Jobs (WRKACTJOB) in AS400
- Work with User Jobs (WRKUSRJOB) in AS400
- Work with Submitted Jobs (WRKSBMJOB) in AS400
- HLDJOB, RLSJOB and ENDJOB in AS400
- Display Job Log (DSPJOBLOG) in AS400
- Job Status in AS400
- Sign Off (SIGNOFF) in AS400
Post a Comment