|Job Status in AS400|
There are several statuses assigned to the AS400 jobs. Let's discuss some of them in this blog.
Possible values of Job Status
The Job is submitted using the SBMJOB command and goes to the job queue with the status JOBQ.
The Job is started and Active.
This MSGW status appears for batch Jobs when the system sends any error and waits for the user's reply. The job is waiting for a message from a message queue.
The Job has been finished executing and has a spooled file on an output queue (OUTQ).
The Job is finished.
The job is ending as a result of command ENDJOB with an immediate option.
The job is ending due to SIGNOFF etc.
The job is disconnected.
The job is suspended by the system request or transfer to the secondary job.
The job is waiting for an event to occur.
The job is held.
The job is waiting for the Delay Job (DLYJOB) command to complete.
The job is waiting for a time interval to end.
The job is waiting for input from a workstation display.
The job is waiting for a lock.
- AS400 Jobs
- Work with Job (WRKJOB) in AS400
- Work with Spooled Files (WRKSPLF) in AS400
- Submit Job (SBMJOB) in AS400
- How does a batch job start in AS400
- Job Log in AS400
- Work with Active Jobs (WRKACTJOB) in AS400
- Work with User Jobs (WRKUSRJOB) in AS400
- Work with Submitted Jobs (WRKSBMJOB) in AS400
- HLDJOB, RLSJOB and ENDJOB in AS400
- Display Job Log (DSPJOBLOG) in AS400
- Sign Off (SIGNOFF) in AS400